' ' Cinema Romantico: A Week With The Merry Gentleman

Monday, December 10, 2012

A Week With The Merry Gentleman

Longtime Cinema Romantico readers may recall my zealous affection for Michael Keaton's directorial debut "The Merry Gentleman." I did not merely name it my #1 film of 2009 nor did I merely name Kelly Macdonald's turn as my #1 performance of 2009 - no, I went so far as to make a spectacularly idiotic and unsuccessful attempt to get her an Oscar nomination.

Anyway, because so much of the film is set at Christmas and because I just watched it again recently and was struck by it once again (like I always am) and because I fancy myself a champion of this film who must, in a sense, go tell its wonders on the mountain, I am going to go tell its wonders on my blog all this week (three posts, really, up through Thursday).

Won't you join me? And then go see this movie? Please?



No comments: