' ' Cinema Romantico: Post Oscar Recalibration

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Post Oscar Recalibration

I’ve never been shy in acknowledging my adoration for the Academy Awards, and I never will be. Yet as much as I cherish Oscar Sunday, I have come to despise the apocalyptic Monday After, the insufferable day when editors enlist all manner of writers to unleash journalistic cow chips on the masses about how everything is awful while social media belches forth relentless mounds of its patented I Don't Know What We're Yelling About invective. This grating conveyor belt of self-righteous gasbags and their gaspingly obnoxious snobbery expelled from the conceited spot atop their high horses......OH MY GOD!!! I'M FALLING INTO THEIR TRAP!!!

Enough. Let's tamp down that fury. Let's shut down that TweetDeck. Let's get lost in the deep beautiful la la land of the motion picture.....



No comments: